Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sugar - A New Friendship Is Born

I never knew that there were quite so many kinds of sugar available.  I knew of several, but the entire gamut?  Well, I wasn't quite aware there was so much more.  I am not even sure I've acquainted myself with everything out there yet, but I hope to.
Sugar is my new friend.  Feisty sweet demon, it is...but I'm enthralled and I'm hooked.
Mind you, I have to be careful as I was diabetic many years ago (since having lost a great deal of weight my diabetes is still a risk, but not a threat at this point - as long as I do not eat sugar in excess).
White sugar, light and dark sugar are probably most widely available and popular.  However, I am discovering all sorts of other sugars like palm, date, coconut, etc.
I hope to share many new recipes as I test them, along with photos of the goodies I produce with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment